Tel: 053 - 9488700 Fax: 053 - 9420938 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a member of a certain credit union you must be within that credit union’s common bond. Gorey Credit Union’s common bond is a ten mile radius around Gorey and a three mile radius around Kilmuckridge. Anyone living or working within this common bond is eligible to apply for membership, and start saving as soon as they are admitted.
To open an account you will need:
- Current photo ID (for example passport, drivers licence)
- 1 proof of residence (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc. Dated within the last 6 months)
- Proof of PPS number (previously known as RSI number). (Found on payslip, Drugs Payment Scheme Card, letters from Revenue, etc.)
- €1.27 to join a credit union and a minimum opening balance of €7
All members, over 16, are eligible to vote in respect of the affairs of Gorey Credit Union at our Annual General Meeting which takes place in December, notification will be posted to all eligible members
Please note for children’s accounts:
- An account may be opened by the child or their parent/legal guardian only.
- A Birth Certificate may be accepted in place of photo I.D.
- The Parent/Guardian opening the account should also produce photo I.D.
Please note that if you change address or employment upon joining this Credit Union, you may no longer hold the ’common bond’. Under the Standard Rules and the Credit Union Act 1997 certain additional lending restrictions may apply. If you think you may be affected by this, please contact our office immediately.
Under Rule 171;On or before the 31st day of January in each year during the time the credit union is a member of the Irish league of Credit Unions each person who was a member on 30th September of the preceding year shall pay an annual League affiliation fee. The affiliation fee may be deducted by the credit union from the share account of the member and shall forthwith be paid to the League to assist in its functioning.